Friday, October 5, 2012

I want a pepperoni pepperoni pizza!!

The 2012 Fall RRS Orchestra season is well underway.  We've had 3 weeks of lessons and orchestra to prepare for the November concerts.  Arnie has again surprised us with not only some original arrangements, but has also seen his vision of a mandolin group come to be!

The mandolin group meets on Tuesdays from 5pm to 6pm.  I don't know how many students Arnie thought he was going to have, but there are at least 20 of us.  Arnie has arranged one song that he offered a "help" to get the timing down, hence the title of this posting!  It's an ear worm for many of us practicing the song.  I find myself wanting many pepperoni pizzas!

For the next posting, I am going to ask Arnie what 3 or 4 things he'd like to stress as we practice our parts each week.  I'm sure he'll have some good suggestions that would be good to review.  Maybe I could even record him and include a link.  It would be a handy resource if someone missed a lesson or a Tuesday session.

One thing to pass along from Lynn is a reminder about the silent auction that will be quietly going on during our concerts.  If you have something nice to donate, please contact Lynn, or get word to me and I will be happy to relay it on.

Hopefully the snows will hold off until after our concerts!  Dates, times and locations will be posted next week as a handy reference.  Until then!  ~~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment